The perfect underquilt for Dutchware Chameleon! (and all other hammocks..)
The Cedar Ridge Convector UQ is my new favorite underquilt. It fits like a glove, perfectly adapted for the Chameleon and keeps the heat well without cold drafts. The material is nice (and unattractive), the underquilt is nice, the hanging is the easiest/elegant I’ve seen on an underquilt.
This model is 20F Long/Reg .The comfort temperature is -7°c (together with a suitable topquilt/sleeping bag of course). The weight is only 680 grams.
Long/Reg means that the bottom quilt is a little extra long – 203cm. The width is 112cm.
This underquilt is well made, of high quality, suitable for almost all hammocks (even bridge hammocks!). Especially suitable for Dutchware Chameleon! – and indeed the one Dutchware themselves recommend.
The Cedar Ridge Convector UQ is filled with DownTek 850FP goose down, meaning high quality and good fluffiness. 20F is filled with 390 grams of down. The down is water repellent.
The outer fabric is Argon .90 (15D) in dark olive. Thin and durable. The inner fabric is even thinner – 10D – in black.
Large cotton storage bag included! When you buy a Convector UQ, we send you a large cotton canvas storage bag. Of course, a light bag is also included.
Some features that make the Cedar Ridge Convector Underquilt particularly good are (I do not translate the terms to avoid confusion):
- Differential Cut – That is, the inside is slightly smaller than the outside, which in turn makes the down compress less and thus heat more.
- Integrated Draft Seal – Prevents cold drafts, which easily occur with other underquilts if it is not perfectly set up.
- Primary and Secondary Suspension – Multiple channels of shock cords allow you to fine-tune the suspension, so the underquilt closes tightly and you avoid cold drafts.
- Mini-Carabiner Attachment – Carabiner hooks to hook into the loops of the hammock loops. Perfect long to hang up in a Chameleon without having to adjust anything. So elegant, such a lovely feeling to not have to fuss to put up the underquilt. This is probably the zen of underquilting. It’s a pleasure to put up the quilt.
- DownTek 850FP Down – High fluffiness (and stays fluffy well in shake tests), good warmth in relation to weight/volume. Water repellent – stays dry 900% longer than untreated down.
- DWR Coating – Water resistant coating. This does not mean that the underquilt is waterproof, but it resists moisture quite well, as both the fabric and the down are water-repellent.
Cedar Ridge Convector UQ, Specifications
- Length: 203 cm
- Width: 112 cm
- Weight: 680 grams (our weighing.)
- Includes: underquilt in packaging + storage bag
https://youtube.com/shorts/6sV0Q9wuXSo?feature=shareSå här sätter du upp din underquilt: (film av dutch)